Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, like your anniversary or a job promotion, or you simply want to enjoy the benefits of drinking wine, having the best wine always equates to luxury due to its expensive price and scarcity. Get started and learn the best wines in the world that you should include on your bucket list.
1. Chateau Lafite-Rothschild
Chateau Lafite-Rothschild is one of the most renowned and expensive brands of Bordeaux wine owned and crafted by the Rothschild family in France. Prepare your wine stoppers and get ready to taste Lafite Bordeaux wine, which is made from the finest blend of grapes. Lafite was awarded as the First Growth wine status in 1855 based on the quality and price. Since then, Lafite has become a famous and consistent producer of the most expensive red wines in the world.
Here are the perfect qualities of Chateau Lafite-Rothschild:
Lafite wines have an ideal elegance to contrast the masculine power and intense flavors of Mouton and Latour.
- Feel the hedonistic experience of Lafite wines with the ability to age in 50 years or more.
- The 2004 Lafite has a perfect balance and one of the most exciting flavors and aromas, exhibiting terrific concentration with pure cassis, spicy, a hint of new oak, and generous creamy vanilla.
- The 2005 Lafite is made from Cabernet Sauvignon, an elegant and incredibly concentrated brambly fruit that is wonderfully fragrant with hints of cedar.
2. Montrachet Domaine Leflaive
The grapes of Le Montrachet produce the world’s finest white wines in the world. Le Montrachet is a Grand Cru vineyard covering about 18 hectares, capturing a great grape scene, and managed by renowned winemakers. Domaine Leflaive is one of the most coveted bottles produced from a small plot of land, about 0.08 hectares.
3. Barolo Riserva Monfortino
For many experts, the Barolo Riserva Monfortino from the Giacomo Conterno is considered as the best red wine in Italy. It is an extraordinary Barolo produced in exceptional years that is aged for a minimum of seven years in barrels, and its shelf life is truly legendary.
Here are the great qualities of the 2006 Barolo Riserva Monfortino:
- Feel the crunchy and snappy presence of the young tannin in the mouth.
- Its finesse and elegance add contrast to the determination and sheer power of the wine.
- Feel the spice, licorice, tar, dried rose, and tobacco, showing immense focus and definition.
- The 2006 Barolo Riserva Monfortino vintage is noted for its unique aging potential.
It’s most coveted and most expensive red wine (burgundy) in the world owned by Domaine de la Romaneé-Conti, a Grand Cru region with 1.81 hectares of vineyard, producing an estimate of 5,000 bottles per vintage.
Here are the best qualities of Romaneé-Conti:
- It has a delicate aroma, a combination of raspberry, mushrooms, and some oak.
- You’ll be delighted with the savory attack in your mouth that usually comes as a shock.
- The primary flavor of Romaneé-Conti is raspberry with a tangy feel.
- Also, the note of smoked meat is so strong that it will remind you of raspberries and pork ribs in a smokehouse.
5. Ribera del Duero
Wines from Ribera del Duero are of high-quality. Vega-Sicilia is considered one of the most historic properties in Spain, renowned for its quality wine production. The wines and the estate have slowly moved along with the release of Unico, their flagship wine, in 2005.
Here are the amazing qualities of Ribera del Duero wine:
- It has the perfect balance of finesse and structure. That’s why the Ribera del Duero wines are considered timeless, so you’re lucky enough to taste Unico.
- A Ribera del Duero wine imparts a bolder and black fruit-driven element distinct from other regions, characterized by depth or complexity and delicate balance.
- Find savory notes, such as leather and cigar box, and a smoked meat undertone.
6. Sir Winston Churchill
Pol Roger created the Sir Winston Churchill, which is a fantastic bottle of bright and fresh tasting aged white burgundy. It’s a favorite wine enjoyed on New Year’s Eve and during weddings. It is described as mature with a robust and full-bodied character. The grapes were sourced from Grands Crus Chardonnay and Pinot Noir vineyards.
Including the best wines on your bucket list will make a significant impact on your special event or celebration. Make your experience unforgettable and worth remembering by including the finest wines for your family and friends to enjoy. When it comes to wine, the quality usually comes with the price. But remember that the best wines are not always the most expensive ones because you’ll still find good quality brands at fair prices.